Wednesday, September 7, 2011

When Small Things DO Matter

I have been so impressed with the idea of the commercial, I once saw, in National Geo Channel long time back: "When Small Things Matter." 


Imagine the screenshots, with cool effects, of  a screwdriver + Airplane, nails + Skycrapers and all those kinds of stuffs. How, we, most of the time just take those puny thingamajigs for granted. We forget of their role and their contributions to the bigger element  we see.


Same thing in organizations, big or bigger, we always tend only to see the bosses, the decision-makers, people with authority, the owners. But how about the rank and file employees, the janitors, the assistants, the lady in the corner of the room with the small table or maybe the one who makes coffee for you, who photocopies the files you need or the person who you send to go mail your billings and checks? Do we often try to appreciate them? Their efforts? The task their doing? Yes, really, when small things DO matter - and most of the time we forget to see their value.


Cutting this post short, uhm, actually, I just wanna rant about a small thing that really does make a lot of effect on me (currently). I have this not-so wonderful Aphthous ulcer  (pronounced as af-thəs) or better known as canker sore (singaw in Filipino) on the side of my tongue that gets rubbed with my molar teeth whenever I talk - actually even when I don't! Gaaaaaaaah!!! Eating is not fun at all. Talking either. Sometimes, even drinking water is not as refreshing! 

Oh well, at least I thought of appreciating those little things. But with this canker, what I appreciate the most is the privilege of having pain. Pain which lets us know that something's wrong - that we need to take action of. I guess it's gonna be a different topic so I won't make this entry as much as to make it boring to read and I have to stop right here. 


So yea, any idea for my fast recovery though?



No comments:

Post a Comment